Do you have?
- a passion for English Language/English Literature;
- a good track record of leading developments within English;
- the desire to inspire students and staff;
- the motivation to make a real difference;
- excellent people skills;
- a willingness to work hard, strategically and apply Level 5 leadership qualities;
If so, Ken Stimpson Community School is the place for you!
We are seeking applications for a dynamic leader to take responsibility for English at Ken Stimpson Community School. Whilst initially taking responsibility for English, the person appointed will receive excellent support to broaden the role to wider school contexts. This is an ideal opportunity for an outstanding teacher and leader to join a good school which is moving towards outstanding.
In recent years, the subject has been transformed by a dynamic and highly skilled team so that student performance is now amongst the very best in the city. In 2016, 73% of young people achieved A* - C in English. Pupil Premium students performed in line with those from non-disadvantaged backgrounds nationally. Lessons are characterised by personalised planning which ensures that all students are always engaged. Many are keen to pursue English at A-level and beyond before moving into a range of rewarding careers.
Applications will also be accepted from dynamic teachers who are looking for a middle leadership role as Head of English.
We can offer:
- excellent CPD and new staff support;
- a popular and vibrant school which cares deeply for its students:
- collaborative staff who are committed to raising standards;
- a Principal and senior team that are keen to drive the school forward and are open to innovation and creative thinking;
- first rate line management of English;
- superb opportunities for career development and promotion.
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding the welfare of children. Applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
- If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Principal, Bryan Erwin email b.erwin [at] kscs.org.uk
- Please return completed applications to Bryan Erwin (Principal) at b.erwin [at] kscs.org.uk by noon onWednesday 5 July 2017.