Lead Teacher of English (TLR 2a = £2612)
Ken Stimpson Community School strives to be at the forefront of school improvement and innovation and invests heavily in the creation of a learning community where we all have the responsibility to learn from others and to contribute to the professional development of our colleagues. Our goal is to break down the barriers to learning and support our students to gain the competitive edge over other applicants to leading universities, prestigious apprenticeships and the subsequent world of work.
We are seeking to appoint not only an outstanding practitioner, but also a highly aspirant future subject/senior leader to join the English Faculty, working in collaboration with the Head of Faculty and other TLR holders within the Faculty and across the school.
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individual. You need to have extremely high expectations and will be teaching English Language/Literature and Literacy, ensuring children regardless of gender, ethnicity and religion achieve to the best of their ability. A proven track record of achieving successful outcomes at KS3 and KS4 will also be essential.
As a Teacher of English with a Teaching and TLR responsibility, your duties will include:
- Assisting the Head of English in leading the Faculty.
- Ensuring high quality teaching and learning is for all students.
- Assisting the Head of English in developing systems and procedures to efficiently challenge underachieving students.
- Developing meaningful partnership with parents/ carers and local primary and secondary schools.
The position is to start in September 2017.
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding the welfare of children. Applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
• Please return completed applications to Bryan Erwin (Principal) at email@example.com by noon on Thursday 6 April 2017.