Creative Digital Media Production
The aim of this Technical Certificate is to:
- inspire and enthuse you to consider a career in the creative digital media sectors, rather than just to participate in media recreationally, for example surfing the web or playing video games
- give you the opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the creative digital media industry, e.g. moving image, audio production, games design, website design and publishing
- support your progression into a specialised level 3 vocational or academic media qualification or an apprenticeship
- give you the potential opportunity, in due course, to enter employment within a wide range of job roles.
The core and mandatory units within this Extended Certificate and Diploma ensure that all learners will develop:
- knowledge that underpins learning in other units in the qualification [Unit 1: Digital Media Sectors and Audiences]
- practical and vocational skills [Unit 2: Planning and Pitching a Digital Media Product]
- the ability to apply knowledge and demonstrate analysis through external assessment [Unit 8: Media Industry in Context]
A wide range of optional units allow you to pursue your individual interests. These optional units include:
- Digital editing
- Digital photography
- Website Production
- Digital Games Production
- Digital Audio Mixing
- Graphic Design for Digital Media
- Lighting for Moving Image
This qualification includes two externally assessed units which account for 60 of the 360 Guide learning Hours of assessment.
These will assist you as you progress either into higher levels of vocational learning or to related academic qualifications, by providing independent assessment evidence of your learning alongside the portfolio-based assessment. This approach will also assist you with developing a range of transferable skills, and in applying your knowledge in unfamiliar contexts.
The remaining units are internally assessed by coursework portfolios. Internal assessment allows you to develop a wider range of skills and provide evidence towards meeting the unit assessment criteria.
Evidence for assessment can be generated through a range of activities, including role play, practical performance and verbal presentations.
This course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to:
- other level 2 vocational qualifications and related competence-based qualifications for the creative media sector
- level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals, specifically the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National in Creative Media Production (QCF)
- related academic qualifications.