Dates: Apply by noon on Tuesday 25 April 2017, Job start 1 September 2017
Salary: TLR2b / MPS / UPS
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
New Year, New Challenge?
Do you have
- a passion for Science?
- the ability to inspire students?
- the motivation to make a real difference?
- excellent people skills?
- a willingness to work hard?
If so, Ken Stimpson Community School is the place for you!
Governors are seeking applications for a dynamic teacher of Science at Ken Stimpson Community School. This is an ideal opportunity for an outstanding teacher to join this rapidly improving school.
Ken Stimpson Community is an aspirational and progressive school. The Science faculty offers a full range of courses at KS4 to include all three separate sciences together with science GCSE. At Post 16 we offer all three A-level sciences combined. These are popular courses with students, many of whom progress to leading universities to study in the scientific field. Both KS4 and 5 the class sizes are kept relatively small to enhance student attainment.
The facilities in the faculty are excellent. Most full time staff have their own teaching room which is serviced by our well trained and resourced technician team.
The faculty offers a collaborative and supportive environment. Examples of best practice and innovative ideas are regularly shared within the faculty. Fully resourced schemes of learning are devised in house to best meet the needs of our students. We have a number of regular visits and external speakers/ activities throughout the year to promote science across the school.
We can offer:
- excellent CPD and new staff support
- an increasingly popular and vibrant school which cares deeply for its students
- collaborative staff who are committed to raising standards
- a Principal and senior team that are keen to drive the school forward and are open to innovation and creative thinking
- first rate line management of Science
- superb opportunities for career development and promotion
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding the welfare of children. Applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
• If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Andy O’Neill (Leader for Learning) email email@example.com
• Please return completed applications to Bryan Erwin (Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Tuesday 25 April 2017.