Despite only having a short stay here we hope the Spanish students enjoyed experiencing Ken Stimpson and they have a safe travel back to Spain.
In regards to key dates for Year 8 Pathways please see the following:
I wish to make it very clear to staff, students and parents/carers, there is no place for masks to be worn inside and during the school day. Whilst I cannot control what students may choose to do out of the school hours, they will not be allowed to bring and wear masks inside school for the following reasons:
- The threat of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is currently not reported in our community of Peterborough.
- Masks hide facial features, inhibiting day-to-day communication with a wide range of people and will cause significant problems.
- They actually heighten the threat of infection without any substance of helping and rationalising the situation.
- Face masks play a very important role in places like hospitals, but there is very little evidence of widespread benefit for members of the public.
Until the Government alter their guidance, I wish to re-iterate that face masks are not allowed in to Ken Stimpson Community School. The school will continue to operate as normal and apply risk assessments to enable the risk to continue to be low.
The school will not authorise an absence because you are concerned about the COVID-19 Coronavirus. However, following the guidance below, if a family member is presenting any of the symptoms displayed, you should seek medical advice (111 NHS Coronavirus helpline) and then contact the school to discuss the matter before absenting your child from school.
Finally, I wish to draw to your attention three helpful information sources:
- Click here to read about common questions around COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Click here to read how to reduce the risk around COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Click here to view specified countries and areas with implications for returning travelled or visitors arriving in the UK.
Mr B Erwin
Ken Stimpson Community School
For Sports Relief this year each year group have been given a day for their own non-uniform day in return we will be asking for a £1 donation from the students with 50% of the money raised being donated to Peterborough Soup Kitchen. Please see the image for more information.
World Book Day Book Token which the can exchange for one on the £1 World Book Day Books available at locally at Sainsbury's, WHSmith and Waterstones. Or use the book token towards a book of their choice.
Today we welcomed the Spanish students who will be staying with us throughout the week
Throwback to warmer days and last year's Year 11 Prom. With thanks to Mr Corcoran for this fabulous video of the happy day:
https://vimeo.com/394823640 (You can download the video from this link should you wish to keep a souvenir)
We run a number of Enrichment Opportunities at KSCS, you can see our timetable here
As part of their independent learning homework, several students in year 7 created tropical rain-forest structures. The work shows the high quality of effort that Ken Stimpson students are completing outside of the classroom, and is developing their creativity too.