Our school identifies children / young people with SEND through:
- Close links with primary feeder school for transition planning
- Testing/assessing students at regular intervals as and when the need arises
- Target Setting and performance tracking – performing below age expected levels through regular monitoring of performance by teachers and middle leaders.
- Assessing for Exam Access Arrangements (towards end of Year 9)
- Concerns raised from subject teachers and other staff.
- Concerns from parents/carers
- Concerns from students
- Referrals from external professionals such as health professionals