The SEN Lead and SENCo hold the National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (NASENCo). 2 additional staff members also hold this qualification.
The SENCo holds a wide range of qualifications including Certificate of Competency in Educational Testing (CCET) and Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A) and is registered by the British Psychological Association (BPS).
Our Autism Hub Leads and Teaching Assistants hold a range of qualifications including specific Autism Level 1 and 2 training and social story training.
All our Teaching Assistants receive regular training in specific SEN areas such as dyslexia, autism, mental health and sensory processing and medical needs. This is both part of in-house training and
CPD encouraged as part of the developmental needs.
Some of the courses undertaken in the previous academic year include:
- Emergency first aid at work
- Diabetes and its management Level 1 training
- Bereavement Support Level 1
- Understanding Autism Level 2
- Understanding Social Stories
- Emergency First Aid at work
- Forest School Program Training
- Understanding specific learning difficulties Level 2
- Exam Concession Update of new regulations
- Manual Handling
Additional qualifications and regular CPD is also undertaken as part of the school’s development and teaching and learning practice.