We know that starting at a new school can be a scary thing so we are working hard behind the scenes to produce lots of helpful information to try and make the experience a little easier. Keep an eye on this page over the coming weeks as we add resources for you.
Most importantly though:
What happens next...
Now that you have accepted your offer for a Year 7 place what happens next?
- By now your Parents/Carers will have had lots of useful information emailed to them (please see the email home section below)
- They will also have been emailed a link to our data collection system - please complete this as soon as you can as it helps us get to know you a little bit better (deadline for completion - Thursday 7th July 2022)
- On the evening of Tuesday 5th July you will be invited to bring your Parents/Carers into school so that we can give them a little more information and answer any questions they may have
- On Wednesday 6th July you will be invited into school for our Transition Day - this is where you will get to meet your tutor, some of your teachers and other students that will be in your year group. We can't wait to meet you in person!
- After this date you will know your Tutor Group and House Group which means you can buy your school tie!
- Over the summer you can contact us at any time if you have any questions about joining us - do have a look around this page too!
- On Friday 2nd September you will be invited into school for an additional transition morning - this is where you can get to know the school a little better without all of the other year groups getting in your way (we have a lot of fun!)
- On Monday 5th September the new school year begins!
By now you will have received an email from us giving links to the documents below:
Remember, if you have any questions please do get in touch. If you haven't received this communication from us do also get in touch so we can make sure we have the correct contact information for you.
Data Collection Email Home
To enable us to have the most accurate and up to date details on our system we ask that you please fill out our online data collection form. You can access this form using the login details emailed to you and we urge you to do it as soon as you can. If you require any help with this process or further information please do contact us via the school reception by ringing 01733 765950 or by emailing applications [at] kscs.org.uk
This process is a requirement for all year 7 students and must be completed by Thursday 7th July
The Year 7 Team
We know that starting a new school without having visited can be a daunting prospect. During lockdown 2020 we put together a few short videos to help show you around a little.
Moving around a new school can be a daunting task! Here's some useful facts to help you navigate our school and you can also check out our downloadable site map here
- Our site consists of 5 blocks
- Classrooms are either upstairs (Upper) or downstairs (Lower)
- All classrooms are named with a 4 character code
- Which block it is in
- Whether it is upstairs (U) or downstairs (L)
- How far around the corridoor it is
So, for example, a classroom with code 3U23 is in Block 3, Upstairs and the 23 classroom along
Don't worry, as you move around the site you will soon pick up where your classrooms are!
One of the best ways to get off to a good start at a new school and to give yourself that little burst of confidence is to make sure you're wearing the correct clothes. Check out our uniform page to see what you can and can't wear at Ken Stimpson and if in doubt check with your Tutor first!
This year transition day will take place on Wednesday 6th July
You will need to arrive at 8:30am to the main entrance where Mrs Read or Mrs Purdy will meet you. Please wear your primary school uniform.
Please bring with you
- Your school bag
- A water bottle
- Your pencil case
- Your PE kit and trainers
We will be providing a snack and packed lunch for you.
Parents/carers can collect you from the main school gates at 3pm
Have you got the right equipment? Check out our equipment checklist to make sure you have everything you need for that first day
Students have the option of either bringing a packed lunch from home or buying food from our school canteen. You can find out more about our canteen services and cashless catering here.
During your time at Ken Stimpson you will rely heavily on our IT equipment and services. When you first join us you will be issued with a school Username and Password. This will allow you to access everything you need. Should you require any support with our systems do feel free to pop along to the IT Services office where we will give you the help you need or ask your teacher to contact us.
Find out more about our IT services here.
If you are cycling to school you will need to ensure you have a good bike lock and a helmet. You can lock your bike at the front of the school where it can be collected at the end of the day.