Skip to main content
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram Follow us on LinkedIn Contact Us
Home | SEND - Support Learning

SEND - Support Learning

The class teacher (subject specific) or the SEN Team can offer advice and practical ways that you can help your child at home.

If your child has complex special educational needs or a disability they may have Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP), which means that a formal meeting will take place annually to review your child’s progress.

If your child has a coordinated plan specific targets and outcomes will be set with key workers identified to achieve these goals. This means that a formal meeting will take place termly to review your child’s progress.

For those parents or carers who’s children do not have a EHCP or Co-ordinated plan, more generalise support may be given as well as referring to additional agencies as a source of support. Such support is often covered by our ADPR cycle.

Recommendations from external agencies e.g. Autism and ADHD Specialist Teachers, will be shared with you so that strategies can be implemented at home and school.

If you are concerned or require support, please contact your child’s form tutor in the first instance.

Ken Stimpson Community School
Staniland Way
PE4 6JT (Sat Nav users: PE4 6WR)